Thursday 25 March 2010

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

In my preliminary task, I used very basic camera work and editing skills. It was the first time I used a camera and the editing software. In our preliminary task we used mainly mid shots and over the shoulder shots (OTS). The main reason of the preliminary task is to show continuity and the skills that we have learnt in the forst few weeks of the course. We had to follow the 180 degree rule when the characters had their conversation. Since taking part in the preliminary task I have learnt so many more skills that all relate to the subject. These range from the types of shots used to working with the editing suite. When filming the final task we still followed the basic rules such as 180 degree rule and match on action. We were more creative with the types of shots we used and i have also improved on matching the sound up to make it all flow. I experimented on my film with different style titles and fonts. I then chose a font that I liked. When putting in titles I chose ones that suited well with the filmn and made sure all the fonts and colours whre continued throughout the entirety of my project. I feel I have improved since the preliminary task as I used a title template and for the final film I learnt the skills to enable me to create my own template. Also when I added transitions I chose them to suit the film and to make them look more authentic. Overall I feel that I have improved a great deal since the preliminary task, on things such as editing techniques and camera work. I think that since doing media I have been able to use many of these skills in producing my final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment