Wednesday 27 January 2010

Film Institutions Research

For film institutions research I investigated Film4 and Pathe Pictures in a bit more detail than I already knew. Here is what I found out:

Film4 Productions is a British and it is a film production company that is owned and operated by Channel 4. Film4 has been responsible for the huge succeses such as Slumdog Millionaire, Four weddings and a Funeral, Brϋno, and East is East. I think the reason for such success is because most of the actors are British and also where the films are set is also British. I have researched Film4 because they mostly produce low budget films and they produce a variety of genres. So I think this will be a good production company to feature in the opening titles to our film as it has quite a good reputation and although it is less well known compared to Warner Brothers or Fox I think it will still do well and it os one of the best for our type of film production.

Pathe Pictures has a major presence within the UK film industry, operating as a fully integrated studio. It is involved in all aspects of film-making, from production and development through to international sales and distribution. Pathe UK's production range from Aardman's 'Chicken Run' to Stephen Frears 'The Queen' to Danny Boyle's box office hit 'Slumdog Millionaire'.



No comments:

Post a Comment